This event enables participants to improve outcomes for their organisation as a result of more effective engagement with stakeholders and partners. It focuses on the essential requirements for these relationships, while allowing the space to explore common stakeholder-related challenges. The course takes participants beyond the basic process approach to stakeholder engagement into areas where it really delivers results, particularly around more influential relationships. It examines a range of practical tools and techniques for anyone who wishes to ensure that they and their team can manage stakeholder engagement effectively. It also considers the individual behaviours that underpin the most effective relationships.
Who will benefit from attending?
People who are new to stakeholder engagement, those with some experience but who want to validate their current approach and those who are looking to develop a coherent strategy to stakeholder engagement, or to address specific stakeholder issues that won’t go away by themselves. With participants from a range of organisations, the course accommodates the specific learning objectives of each individual, ensuring that everyone leaves with relevant skills and tactics as well as a broad grounding in a best practice approach to stakeholder engagement.
- Understand the distinction between stakeholders and partners, what stakeholder engagement is and its importance to an organisation
- Know how to develop an engagement strategy, demonstrating the value of stakeholders to an organisation or project, articulating the intended stakeholder outcome(s) and setting out a step-by-step in a stakeholder engagement approach
- Be confident in stakeholder identification techniques
- Have developed good skills in stakeholder mapping and prioritisation
- Know how to get the most out of different types of stakeholder relationships
- Appreciate potential stakeholder engagement pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Understand the behaviours that underpin effective stakeholder relationships and how to encourage these
- Have explored case studies, examples and experiences of other delegates that contribute to their understanding
- Know how they can apply what they have learnt to their own organisation
Organisations will increase their ability to use stakeholder engagement strategically, to deliver positive outcomes and manage risk. Staff attending will be able to take a clear, confident and consistent approach to managing stakeholders and partners, based on considered analysis, using a range of practical tools and techniques and understanding what channels to use and how to make best use of available resources. The knowledge and practical understanding gained from the event can be easily shared with colleagues to maximise the benefit.