This event enables participants to work together with others from a range of backgrounds to understand more about Policy Implementation. Participants will have the opportunity to work through a series of workshop tasks and case studies which look at all aspects of implementation and delivery. At the end of the day they will use their learning to design their own delivery planning tool.
Who will benefit from attending?
People tasked with a role that puts policy into practice. The practical aspects of the course will enable participants to learn about best practice in implementation and how they can apply that learning in their own organisation.
Participants will be asked to complete a short pre course questionnaire about their policy role so that the course can be tailored towards their specific learning needs.
Policy failures are well documented across the breadth of the public sector. This course helps participants to learn from those failures but it also encourages participants to identify and follow good practice.
Participants will bring back practical ideas and plans to help to implement policy successfully in their own organisations.
- Understand what the terms “Implementation” and “Delivery” mean and their rightful place in the overall policy process
- Appreciate the challenging history of policy implementation and through examples and illustration what lessons have and have not been learned
- Be able to relate the bigger picture of Implementation to their own experience and current policy work and thereby identify the level of their own expertise and skill gaps
- Be introduced to a range of approaches and tools for improving implementation that they will practise in the workshop with case studies and where appropriate their own back home policies
- Have gained confidence in integrating the implementation dimension from the outset into their own Policy development through practice and feedback and drawing on the experience of other participants