Briefing with Confidence and Impact
Trainer: Katie Driver
The ability to handle face to face meetings and briefings with confidence and impact remains a key skill, even when working in an increasingly online world. This event will help participants to speak more persuasively in formal meetings and brief senior leaders and stakeholders calmly and effectively. Participants will learn how to prepare and plan for crucial face to face conversations so they can feel more confident even before entering the room. Exploring language, tone and physical presence, the event will build participants’ ability to speak clearly, concisely, calmly and with influence even when facing questions and debate. We will also consider the additional challenges which arise when briefing as a team. Exercises and discussion will help participants to develop a more self-assured approach to formal conversations, supported by strategies which work for their own circumstances.
Who will benefit from attending
People who need to engage effectively and persuasively with senior leaders or important stakeholders in order to achieve their organisation’s goals.
- Understand what’s required in face to face settings and why different approaches are often needed
- Discover how to prepare materials and mindset in order to increase self-confidence
- Learn how to select and structure relevant information so that they can deliver a clear and concise briefing in a logical manner
- Explore ways to engage with their audience by establishing rapport through verbal and non-verbal approaches, understanding different communication preferences, and listening well
- Develop the ability to handle questions and challenges calmly and effectively
- Know what to anticipate and how to deliver when briefing as part of a team
- Practice their face to face briefing skills and learn from the experiences of others on the event as well as exploring real life examples and case studies
Better face to face briefings between staff and senior leaders help to improve the flow of information within organisations and enable better decision-making. Better meetings with key stakeholders help to establish and maintain trust and improve communications.